73 ways to become a better writer
Yes, this is repeating something, but it’s just so good, I want to share it. I am always looking for ways to make me a better writer. And though I wrote constantly in school (who hasn’t?) and built up my skills, I feel I’ve lost most of them. So here is me, flexing my ‘writing’ muscles as one professor always told me. Which reminds me I need to share that as well! Later.
According to Copyblogger, these things can make you a better writer, don’t worry, only my top 10:
- Become a blogger.
- Use self-imposed word limits.
- Accept all forms of criticism and learn to grow from it.
- Live with passion.
- Be open, curious, present, and engaged.
- Learn a new word a day.
- Challenge yourself: write in a crowded cafe, write on the toilet, write for 24 hours straight.
- Read, think, read, write, ponder, write – and read some more.
- Read your stuff aloud to anyone who can stand it – including the cat.
- Tell everyone: “I’m a writer.”
Take the time, read all 73 ways.